Loose photos are just that: photos that are not in
albums or frames, but are cluttering up your dusty old biscuit tins up in the attic, and probably haven't seen the light of day in donkey's years.
By having your photographs professionally scanned and cleaned into vibrant digital images you will be able
to view them from any popular media device, including smartphones, computer monitors, televisions and tablets. You can also upload your images to your favourite social media sites, or share them
online with friends around the world.
Here is what we can do for your old photos:-
- We can scan colour or black and white photos as small as 2" (50mm) square, and up to A4 in size using our
professional Epson flatbed scanners. (Please make sure your loose photos are free from any gum, Blu-Tack, adhesive tape, drawing pins or staples etc., as these will not be
- We scan most standard photos at 600 dots per inch (dpi), which is the benchmark for excellent quality
- As a slightly cheaper alternative, we can scan photos at 300dpi, which will deliver good quality digital
images and a smaller file size.
- Or if larger images are required we can scan loose photos at 1200dpi for sizes up to A4.
- All photos will be correctly orientated and cropped as standard.
- If required, we can rename your digital photos into organised files and folders for better indexing.
(See point 2 of our FAQ page for more
information on how this works.)
- You can have your digital images saved as the default high-quality/low-compression JPG format, or for an
additional small fee (due to longer processing time), photo-editable TIFF formats. (See point 4 from our FAQs for more information on this.)
- Your digital photos can be saved to a variety of optical storage devices such as CD, DVD, SD Card or USB
data pens and returned to you by Royal Mail's "Tracked 48" delivery service. Or if you live local you can come and collect on completion.
- If you prefer a more convenient and faster alternative, you can retrieve your new digital images from our
Dropbox online storage service via a secure account (your originals will be returned by Royal Mail's "Tracked 48" service.)
- For an additional fee we can create a DVD slideshow of some or all of your scanned images (particularly
useful for birthdays and weddings etc.) played to a piece of music of your choice. (See point 3 on our FAQ page for more details.)
- Good discounts for larger orders.